In the campaign, Women Empowerment, Mahindra World City Jaipur aims to empower every woman to broaden economic impacts in households
‘Women Empowerment’ was started by Mahindra World City Jaipur six years ago. The focus areas are Education, Vocational Training & Socio-Economic empowerment of Women, Community Participation & Development. For providing vocational training and socio-economic stability for people of all fourteen villages neighbouring Mahindra World City Jaipur. “Educate a Woman and you educate a family”. With a view to achieve inclusive development, Mahindra World City Jaipur took an initiative to bring out the talents hidden behind the veils. The idea was to provide vocational/ skill training as this would lead to broader economic impacts in households. As on 31st March 2017, 1075 women were benefitted through 95 self-help groups, around 50 women are employed at Mahindra World City Jaipur and campus clients!
There was a three step approach to the activity for encouraging economic independence and instilling a sense of confidence among these people.
- Vocational Training
- Entrepreneur/ Self Employed
- Job Opportunities within MWCJ and Campus Clients
- Workshops and Awareness programs for All Girls Schools and College around MWCJ
We organized training programs for these women who are part of the local communities around Mahindra World City, Jaipur along with our CSR Partner TBI, by providing vocational training and socio-economic stability for people of all nine villages neighboring MWCJ.
- The idea was to train them in a way for them to become self- employed or make them aware of their entrepreneurial potential.
- Create Self Help Groups for women with the motto –“Each One Help One”
- The women who were ready to venture out and were trained to get jobs at MWCJ or with our campus clients
- Providing primary education where required
- Further strengthening entrepreneurial qualities of these people
- Providing a basic socio-economic standing
- Health & Education awareness programs for neighboring schools and colleges, which includes Yoga and Healthy lifestyle sessions and industrial visits to MWCJ