The incentives and facilities offered to the units in SEZs for attracting investment into the SEZs include:
- Duty-free import / domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of SEZ unit.
- Income tax exemption on export income for the SEZ units under Section 10AA of the Income Tax Act for a total period of 15 years.
- 100% income tax exemption on export income for the first 5 years.
- 50% for next 5 years.
- 50% of the ploughed back export profit for the next 5 years.
- Exemption from minimum alternate tax under section II5 JB of the Income Tax Act.
- External commercial borrowing by SEZ units up to US $500 million in a year without any maturity restriction through recognized banking channels.
- Exemption from Central Service Tax.
- Single window clearance for central and state level approvals.
- Exemption from State Sales Tax and other levies as extended by the respective state governments.
For more information visit www.sezindia.nic.in.